silver creek is getting new greens
This Summer Only: The Most Fun Executive Course!
Just because we’re working on the greens doesn’t mean you can’t play golf this summer!
Instead of just offering you a shortened course, we have decided to create a whole different experience:
- 18-25 holes that range from 70 yards to over 400 yards, perfect to use every club in your bag!
- We will be playing the course backwards, giving you entirely new angles and views.
- Changing tees will keep you challenged every time you come.
- Great for new golfers: Join us for weekly learner’s events, consisting of a 30-minute group lesson followed by a round of golf for just $25.
- Tuesday Tees and Tacos: A bucket of balls, 9 holes of golf and tacos! All for $20. Golf starts at 5pm, food at 6pm.
Book your tee times now and save your spot for this limited time experience. It will take your short game to a whole new level!
Green Fees (including cart):
“9” holes $15
“18” holes $25
Juniors under 18 play free when accompanied by an adult.
“9” holes, 10 punches – $120
“18 holes, 10 punches – $200
Any funds not used when we convert back to the regular course may be applied to regular green fees.
We also have an 18-hole course with 3 sets of tees and longer holes set up. Just ask in the pro shop for the map and scorecard!
WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY
We are renovating our greens and making the switch over to ultradwarf Tifeagle Bermuda greens!
The main benefits you will notice are:
- We won’t have to aerify the greens in the spring and fall when the weather is perfect.
- The new greens love the heat, so we won’t have to slow them down in the summer.
- The new greens have a great putting surface, so we can keep the greens rolling smooth throughout the year, and finally ball marks will be much easier to repair.
- There are also environmental benefits to the switch, as the new greens will require significantly less pesticides to maintain.
Here is an approximate timeline for the transition:
- 6/13-28: Removal of old turf and topsoil, adding new root zone mix.
- 6/29: Fumigation, followed by rest period.
- 2nd week of July: Sprigs arrive!
- We are shooting for a new greens open date in the last week of September, weather willing.
Watch the progress on our live webcam of #18 below or check out our image gallery!