silver creek is getting new greens
This Summer Only: The Most Fun Executive Course!
Just because we’re working on the greens doesn’t mean we can’t play golf this summer!
Instead of just offering you a shortened course, we have decided to create a whole different experience:
- 26 holes that range from 70 yards to over 400 yards, perfect to use every club in your bag!
- We will be playing the course backwards, giving you entirely new angles and views.
- Changing tees will keep you challenged every time you come.
- $15 to play the front or back, $25 to play the entire course.
- Juniors up to 18yo play free when accompanied by an adult.
- Great for new golfers: Join us for weekly learner’s events, consisting of a 30-minute group lesson followed by a round of golf for just $25. (Day and time TBD, let us know what works for you!)
- Check our calendar for more fun events, punch cards, etc.
Book your tee times here and save your spot for this limited time experience. It will take your short game to a whole new level!
WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY
We are renovating our greens and making the switch over to ultradwarf Tifeagle Bermuda greens!
The main benefits you will notice are:
- We won’t have to aerify the greens in the spring and fall when the weather is perfect.
- The new greens love the heat, so we won’t have to slow them down in the summer.
- The new greens have a great putting surface, so we can keep the greens rolling smooth throughout the year, and finally ball marks will be much easier to repair.
- There are also environmental benefits to the switch, as the new greens will require significantly less pesticides to maintain.
Here is an approximate timeline for the transition:
- 6/13-28: Removal of old turf and topsoil, adding new root zone mix.
- 6/29: Fumigation, followed by rest period.
- 2nd week of July: Sprigs arrive!
- We are shooting for a new greens open date in the last week of September, weather willing.
Watch the progress on our live webcam of #18 (back soon) or check out our image gallery!