COVID – 19 Information
- Event is capped at 120 total participants, with limited participant wave starts.
- These wave starts will be determined by the guidance from NC on event gatherings.
- Online registration will close November 22th at midnight or when we reach the cap of 120 – make sure to sign up before then!
- We will have designated cheer areas along the course. All spectators must wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- There will be no walk-up registration or packet pick-up on race day. Please pick up your packets on Tuesday 11/24 or Wednesday 11/25 between 4-6pm.
- Coordinated social distancing at the start line
- All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face-covering during the event.
- Participants are required to wear a face-covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
- Unfortunately, with social distancing measures in place, we will not have a finish line ‘experience’ of music, hanging out and waiting on the results or an awards ceremony. After you have completed your race and received your finisher medal, we must sadly ask you to leave the area.
- Awards will be available to be picked up locally or mailed after the event.
- You will receive any shirts/socks you ordered when you pick up your packet. There will be limited quantities for sale at packet pick-up, and, if there are any left, on race day.
- All virtual runners will receive their swag in the mail along with their finisher medal.
- The online results will be posted the day after the event.
- Other changes will be added and communicated to participants prior to the event.
- As we all know the pandemic changes things quickly! We ask that you be flexible and patient as we may have to adjust things for this event up until the event takes place. Please know we are doing our absolute best and want this event to happen as much as you do! In the event that the U.S. or NC government or Burke County declares a new stay-at-home order or places new restrictions on gatherings and we are not able to have the in-person event, all ‘in-person’ event registrations will automatically be converted to the Virtual event.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving we are holding this race as a fundraiser for Options of Burke County, a small non-profit advocacy center that provides empowerment services and emergency shelter to Burke County families in crisis. We have decided to keep the entry fee low, yet maximize funds raised by not including free swag in the race price. Shirts and socks are available, though, and sales will raise additional funds for Options. Shirt and sock orders must be placed by November 4. Limited sizes may be available at packet pick-up and on race day. Or if you prefer to just donate, you can do that, too!